Sunday, November 30, 2008

Post Thanksgiving debriefing

Thanksgiving at my home has turned into a huge presentation. We combine my husband's side of the family and my side of the family and our kids and it turns into a huge crowd. Thankfully since we remodeled we have lots of space for everyone. One of the things I did right in the remodel was put in a huge center island. This turns into the buffet table and with 19 people to feed that's the only way to do it efficiently.

Two years in a row I've had great turkey. I don't know if I've gotten lucky or what. However I have kept notes so I think that brining a turkey, cooking it in a cooking bag, and using a low temperature is the key. After multiple dishwasher loads over the past five days, I think it'll slow down to the normal pace of once every few days.

It was great to have the kids all home this weekend. They all came and went at different times, but there was never a dull moment with all of them around. Even my little grandson stayed overnight. He told his mommy, "Daddy go home. Mommy go home, Me stay here."

It'll be awfully quiet around here this week.

Needless to say I didn't do any quilting this weekend. Maybe later this week, but I really do want to empty a room to paint and prep it for laying hardwood...hopefully in the next few weeks.

No comments: