Sunday, November 30, 2008
Two years in a row I've had great turkey. I don't know if I've gotten lucky or what. However I have kept notes so I think that brining a turkey, cooking it in a cooking bag, and using a low temperature is the key. After multiple dishwasher loads over the past five days, I think it'll slow down to the normal pace of once every few days.
It was great to have the kids all home this weekend. They all came and went at different times, but there was never a dull moment with all of them around. Even my little grandson stayed overnight. He told his mommy, "Daddy go home. Mommy go home, Me stay here."
It'll be awfully quiet around here this week.
Needless to say I didn't do any quilting this weekend. Maybe later this week, but I really do want to empty a room to paint and prep it for laying hardwood...hopefully in the next few weeks.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Last night people worked on many different projects. The idea was to make table runners since those are quick to make and are always a good gift for someone. We all arrived with our sewing machines and materials all ready to go. Rather than working on a table runner, D worked on a cute flannel baby quilt for a work colleague. M worked on a square table topper for her dining room table. Her fabric choices were Christmas fabrics, of course, but the poinsettia fabric was quite striking. Me, well I worked on a Christmas wall hanging. I had originally planned to make a bag. This bag in fact...
Instead, I made it at home Friday night and had it in use last night. :) I like the bag, but will make some changes the next time I make it. I'd put a zipper on the front pocket. I also changed the handle style. I think I'll make this for my parapro this bag in western fabrics as her Christmas gift.
Unfortunately I have another cold and so I didn't stay too late at the Midnighter. I reached a spot in my sewing where I was going to have to do some serious math to adjust some block sizes for the sides of the quilt so decided it was best to wrap it up there and finish it up when my mind was clear and not distracted by all the chit chat and banter that was flying about the room. M was on a roll last night! I had a great time and think everyone else did too.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
1. What is in the back seat of your car right now?
My grandson's carseat and a fleece blanket. Reusable grocery bags too.
2. When was the last time you threw up?
Back in September...my kids at school were spreading the bug.
3. What's your favorite curse word?
I have many...I am an equal opportunity curser, but probably use fuck most of all. I am known as a bit of a potty mouth.
4. Name three people who made you smile today.
I'll go with yesterday...Becky, Donald, Monse.
5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
In the shower.
6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
7. What will you be doing three hours from now?
Shopping or at the gym.
8. Have you ever been to a strip club?
Nope. I find the idea of them offensive.
9. What was the last thing you said aloud?
10. What is the best ice cream flavor?
Chocolate or Cherry Garcia.
11. What is the last thing you had to drink?
My morning cup of hot cocoa.
12. What are you wearing right now?
13. What was the last thing you ate?
A boiled egg and a slice of bacon.
14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
Do the new shoes delivered from Zappos count?
15. When was the last time you ran?
Are you serious? Walked swiftly maybe!
16. What was the last sporting event you watched?
No clue. I don't watch sporting events.
17. Who was the last person you e-mailed?
18. Ever go camping?
Yes, my favorite is boat camping.
19. Do you have a tan?
No, I'm pasty white.
20. Do you drink your soda from a straw?
I don't drink pop, but I like to use a straw with my iced tea.
21. What did your last IM say?
I don't IM.
22. Are you someone's best friend?
I'm good friends with many people.
23. What are you doing tomorrow?
Quilting and cleaning house.
24. Where is your mom right now?
At home, just a few blocks down the road.
25. Look to your left.
26. What color is your watch?
I don't wear one any more. I have a few sports watches though.
27. What do you think of when you think of Australia?
28. Would you consider plastic surgery?
Yes, the girls could use some help.
29. What is your birthstone?
Something ugly. I prefer rubies and opals.
30. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru?
31. How many kids do you want?
That ship has sailed. I have three.
32. Do you have a dog?
Three of them.
33. Last person you talked to on the phone?
34. Have you met anyone famous?
35. Any plans today?
Grocery shopping, visit the gym, clean the house.
36. How many states have you lived in?
WA, CA, NC
37. Ever go to college?
Yep, did it later than the average but ended up with a Master's Degree.
38. Where are you right now?
39. Biggest annoyance in your life right now?
40. Last song listened to?
Crimson and Clover (an oldie but goodie)
41. Are you allergic to anything?
Cottonwood and beeswax.
42.Are you jealous of anyone?
43. Is anyone jealous of you?
I doubt it, my life is pretty boring.
44. What time is it?
Quarter til 9 a.m.
45. Do any of your friends have children?
Yep, and grandkids too.
46. Do you eat healthy?
I could do better.
47. What do you usually do during the day?
Work, crash when I get home. Quilt. I try to drag myself to the gym.
48. Do you hate anyone right now?
No, why waste the energy on it.
49. Do you use the word 'hello' daily?
Usually Good Morning or Hi instead.
50. How old will you be on your next birthday?
51. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Nope, but I've been to Disneyland.
52. How did you get one of your scars?
I had a mouse bite my hand on my 8th birthday. I still have the scar to prove it.