Sunday, November 23, 2008

Time to sew

Last night was a real treat. All three of the Stitchin' Bitches got together to sew. After a long hiatus we all decided to attend the local quilt shop's monthly Midnighter. Things have changed though...instead of running from 5 til Midnight, it now runs 3 til 10 p.m. So...do we still call it a Midnighter?

Last night people worked on many different projects. The idea was to make table runners since those are quick to make and are always a good gift for someone. We all arrived with our sewing machines and materials all ready to go. Rather than working on a table runner, D worked on a cute flannel baby quilt for a work colleague. M worked on a square table topper for her dining room table. Her fabric choices were Christmas fabrics, of course, but the poinsettia fabric was quite striking. Me, well I worked on a Christmas wall hanging. I had originally planned to make a bag. This bag in fact...

Instead, I made it at home Friday night and had it in use last night. :) I like the bag, but will make some changes the next time I make it. I'd put a zipper on the front pocket. I also changed the handle style. I think I'll make this for my parapro this bag in western fabrics as her Christmas gift.

Unfortunately I have another cold and so I didn't stay too late at the Midnighter. I reached a spot in my sewing where I was going to have to do some serious math to adjust some block sizes for the sides of the quilt so decided it was best to wrap it up there and finish it up when my mind was clear and not distracted by all the chit chat and banter that was flying about the room. M was on a roll last night! I had a great time and think everyone else did too.




No comments: