Sunday, June 15, 2008

Road Trip!

Ok, Ok, so we aren't going anywhere overnight, but the Stitchin' Bitches (+1) are hitting the road tomorrow to go visit the quilt shop in Ephrata. We've been talking about going down together for more than a few months and we were finally able to all settle on a date that worked for all of us. Even nicer another H.S. friend who is town is joining us. She's not a quilter, but the chance to ride along with all of us and visit is good enough reason to come along. I'm sure we'll manage to eat a leisurely dinner out too. I expect the road trip will be lots of fun...pictures to follow!

I'm dragging them to a Geocache on the way back too. I have a TravelBug that I picked up today that needs to get out of this county so this is a good opportunity to do that.

As for quilting, I've finished up my new grandbaby's quilt top and sandwiched it. One good afternoon of quilting would get it done and I just need to sit down and get to work on it. My first week of freedom from work is always sweet and I don't do anything but what I want to do (usually nothing), but after that I make myself get to work on projects that need to be done around here like painting.

No comments: